Selling With Mental Toughness (Virtual Classroom: Euro Bookings)
Good sales people focus on the needs, challenges and constraints of their customers. Great sales people also focus on their own strengths and weaknesses. Self-awareness and self-development take them from ‘good to great’.
What makes someone loose hope, struggle to close a sale or follow through on their sale plan while others press on to find new customers after losing the bid on a proposal? Mental Toughness explains in large part how individuals respond differently to similar, pressures, opportunities or challenges.
This course will help participants understand and develop their own Mental Toughness in order to be a more effective salesperson.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Sales People wanting to become more effective in their role
- Sales Managers who want to understand the strengths and development needs of their teams
- Business Development Professionals or Sales Support Staff
- An understanding of Mental Toughness and its application to selling
- An awareness for participants of their own Mental Toughness Profile
- An Action Plan to develop Mental Toughness for peak performance
Part 1: Understanding Mental Toughness
Mental Toughness and Selling
- Mental Toughness Explained
- Link with Other Models: Mindset; Resilience; Emotional Intelligence
- Implications for The Sales Professional
- Measuring Your Mental Toughness
Four Cs Of Mental Toughness
- Challenge – seeing challenge as an opportunity
- Confidence – developing self-belief
- Commitment – being able to stick to the plan
- Control – having a ‘can do’ attitude
Part 2: Developing & Applying Your Mental Toughness
Effective Interventions & Strategies
- Goal Setting & Self-Awareness
- Attentional Control & Visualisation
- Positive Thinking & Anxiety Control
- Which Strategy is Best for You?
Implementing an Experiential Learning Plan
- Using Your Mental Toughness Report
- Creating an Action Plan
- Follow Up 1-2-1 Coaching Session
Mental Toughness Assessment & Feedback
Each participant will receive their own confidential MTQPlus Mental Toughness Assessment Report. This will be used to help them identify areas for development. The assessment will be taken on-line prior to the course commencement. In addition, they will be offered a confidential post-course 1-2-1 virtual coaching session to help identify any potential challenges and to review their action plans.