Negotiating skills are of primary importance for everyone whose role it is to interface with and achieve outcomes through the actions of others.
From simple extensions of a project plan to company-level / International commercial agreements, negotiation is a major factor in profitability.
This course focuses on Win/Win negotiating which takes dominance out of the picture and substitutes skills that allow outcomes acceptable to all concerned – and ensure there is a platform in the future for more positive and continuing relationships.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Anyone involved in negotiations with external customers or suppliers
- Those who need to negotiate internally with colleagues, management and other departments.
- Implement the key stages in the negotiation process
- Understand the characteristics of successful negotiators
- Use, recognise and counter negotiation techniques and tactics
- Achieve a negotiated outcome that favours the individual, project or organisation
- Negotiating and Influencing
- Types of Negotiations
- What Makes a good Negotiator?
- The Negotiating Continuum
- Win-Win Negotiating
The Components of Negotiations
- Whole Body Communicating
- Bargaining Techniques
- Tactics and Tricks
A Five Stage Negotiating Model
- When do you Start?
- Establishing your Position/Alternatives
- Analysing their Objectives/Situation
- Agreeing the Process
- Developing your Strategy
- The Benefits of Team Approach
- Setting Alternatives
- Making Proposals
- Bargaining and Conceding Successfully
- The Psychology of Bargaining
- The ‘If Then Rule’
- 10 Negotiating Tricks and Tactics – How to use and counter them
- Deadlocks – How to Break them
- Recognising an Agreement
- Timing Your Close
- Monitoring the Agreement