Managing remotely can bring new challenges. When you manage people, you need to be aware of the various ‘hats’ you to have to wear as a Leader, a Manager and a Coach. You also need to be able to motivate individuals and teams in order to achieve objectives.
The core skills of people management are perhaps harder to apply when managing remotely. However, they are still necessary. This course will help you understand the skills and approaches required to engage and manage others. In addition, it will help you explore how you can apply these skills in a remote managing environment.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- First Line Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Office Managers
- Anyone in a remote management role
- Identify the key elements of managing people
- An understanding of the skills needed to manage people more professionally in a remote setting.
What Makes Effective People Managers?
- Managing, Leading & Coaching Defined
- The Functions of The Role & Core Skills Required
- The Challenges of Remote Managing
- Experiential Learning Action Plan 1
Leading & Motivating Effectively
- Using Different Leadership Styles
- What Style Suits the Situation?
- Motivation: Getting the Best from People
- The Challenges of Motivating Remotely
- Experiential Learning Action Plan 2