If everyone were to be assertive, then communication would improve, productivity would increase and stress would be reduced, all to the benefit of the business.
This course will help attendees understand what being assertive means and from that understanding how to communicate more effectively in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
Anyone who wants to get their point across in difficult situations while maintaining working relationships.
- An understanding of what being assertive means
- Development of Emotional Intelligence and techniques to manage your reactions
- Practical techniques for better relationships in the workplace
- Human Communication Fundamentals
- Sensation and Perception: The Physiology of Communication
- The Influence of Body Language and Non-Verbal Communication
- Barriers to Communication
- The Three Levels of Listening
- Effective Questioning Skills
- Paraphrasing, Summarising and Reflecting Back
- Understanding Assertiveness
- The Assertive Triangle: Emotions – Opinions – Preferences
- Assertive Communication
- Identifying Unhealthy Beliefs that lead to Passive or Aggressive Behaviour
- Implementing Self-Care and Respect for Others
- How to Respond to Aggression
Working with Our Emotions
- Using Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding, Recognising & Managing Emotions
- What Are Emotions Telling Us?
- Intent and Impact
Being Assertive in Conflict and Difficult Situations
- Sources of Conflict and Common Features of Conflict
- The Cycle of Conflict and Workplace Triggers
- Understanding What Triggers You
- How to Respond to Conflict
Finding the Space to Respond Rather Than React
- The Stimulus-Response Paradigm
- Developing Attention to aid Assertive Communication