Working with others demands effective communication and listening is the foundation skill. Those who develop the skill are able to build relationships, develop networks, gain the trust of their colleagues, lessen stress or conflict and increase productivity. This is important in any work situation but particularly relevant to meetings.
This workshop explains the science underpinning human communication. From that understanding attendees are introduced to strategies and techniques to help them increase their listening skills, become more effective in their work and improve the outcome of meetings.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
Those wanting to improve their professional performance.
- Improve the ability to listen and communicate
- Be better able to engage others when communicating
- An understanding of how be more effective in meetings
- Human Communication Fundamentals
- Communication Stages and Communication Filters
- The Impact of Body Language
- Levels of Listening and Listening Techniques
- Effective Questioning Skills
- Paraphrasing, Summarising and Reflecting Back
- Building Rapport and Non-Verbal Cues
Advanced Listening Skills
- Listening Like A Coach
- Barriers to Communication
- Using Emotional Intelligence
- Empathy: Supporting Deep Listening
Making Meetings Effective
- Ensuring Meeting Purpose and Planning For Success
- Clarifying Roles and Responsibilities
- Tips for Hybrid, Virtual or Remote Meetings