Download PDF Version
People Managers in any business environment require a wide range of core skills. They need to be able to develop individuals, build teams while managing tasks and objectives set for themselves and the team.
This course will provide you with an excellent foundation in the core skills required to engage and manage others.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- First Line Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Office Managers
- Anyone new or moving into a people manager role
- Identify the key elements of managing people
- Understand the importance of clear communication and feedback
- Develop skills and techniques to manage people more professionally
What Makes Effective People Managers?
- Introductions and Course Objectives
- The Functions of The Role and The Core Skills Required
- Managing, Leading & Coaching Defined
- People Management Challenges
Leading & Motivating Effectively
- Using Different Leadership Styles
- What Style Suits the Situation?
- Motivation: Getting the Best from People
- Understanding How Teams Develop
- Recognising Team Roles
- Team Norms
- Characteristics of Successful Teams
- Using Delegation to Build Teams
- How to Delegate Effectively
- Empowerment and ‘Letting Go’
- Barriers to Communication
- Listening & Questioning Skills
- Building Rapport
Coaching & Mentoring
- Coaching & Mentoring Defined
- Coaching with The GROW Model
- When to use Coaching
- The Purpose of Appraisals/Reviews
- How to Structure an Appraisal/Review
- Format & Documentation
Having Honest Conversations
- Giving Positive & Critical Feedback
- The Causes of Poor Performance
- Structuring a Feedback Sessions
An optional I-L-M Level 4 Award in Leadership & Management is achieved through the completion of the training course and two post-course assignments.
Our Qualification-Series will support a strategy to:
- Increase your management team’s skills levels to improve productivity
- Gain a Quality Standard for your company
- Build evidence of Continual Professional Development
Successful participants will receive an internationally recognised I-L-M Award setting them and their company apart from the others. Also 12 months membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management, with access to resources to support their Leadership & Management development.
For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org