The ‘Step Up to Leadership’ development programme will assist with succession planning and retention of key personnel.
The aim is to develop high-potential people for future department or group leaders. The focus is on an ‘accelerate the ready now’ approach.
The programme will give participants the skillsets and confidence to communicate effectively and make decisions on strategic, financial, and operational issues to support current and future business success.
During the programme participants will develop a change project to benefit their business area. They will be encouraged to present their project concept to their own senior management after the programme.
- Think strategically with a ‘big picture’ mindset
- Communicate confidently on strategy and financial matters
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Conduct an environmental scan of the organisation using a range of strategic models
- Create a change management plan to meet strategic goals
Kick-off 20th Feb 2024
Mod 1 Agile Leadership in a VUCA World – 20th Feb
Mod 2 Strategy & Planning Techniques – 19th Mar
Mod 3 Emotional Intelligence for Self-Advocacy – 16th Apr
Mod 4 Leading Through Change – 14th May
Mod 5 Collaboration & Relationship Management – 4th June
Mod 6 Understanding Finance & Budgets – 25 June
To reserve places or to find out more:
Phone: +44(0)2838-336400 or +353(0)1294-0777
Agile Leadership in a VUCA World
- Understanding VUCA
- The importance of agile leadership in adapting to strategic global issues
- Principles of Agile Leadership; How agile is your culture?
- Developing Your Agile Leadership Style
Strategy & Planning Techniques
- Strategic / Global Issues – So, what’s changed?
- Analyse the importance of strategic thinking for successful leadership
- Future Readiness – analysing the macro and micro environment
- Communicating the strategy and direction
Emotional Intelligence for Self-Advocacy
- Recognising and understanding your emotions
- Self-regard, self-actualisation, and assertiveness
- Dealing with Imposter Syndrome
- Harnessing your EI profile
Leading Through Change
- Assessing opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Problem solving/decision making techniques for managers
- Engaging stakeholders through change
- Leading sustainable change
Collaboration & Relationship Management
- Empowering & Trusting Teams
- Delegating Freedom & Autonomy
- Influence and Power Bases
- Relationship Management: Building Networks
Understanding Finance & Budgets
- Cost classification and categorization of costs
- Cost Control for managers – Action Checklist
- Budget Control – the manager’s role
- Investment Appraisals and Benefit Identification
Sustaining Personal Growth:
The opportunity to network and engage with other link-minded people will help you build professional relationships, and boost your confidence.
And you will have your own unique challenges, aspirations, and business environments. So, the additional personal growth support options will help focus career and skills development strategies to your specific need.
We strongly recommend you consider these options:
I-L-M Level 5 Certificate in Leadership & Management
This is achieved through the completion of the programme and three post-programme assignments. Successful participants will receive an internationally recognised I-L-M Award and 12 months membership of the Institute of Leadership & Management, with access to resources to support their Leadership & Management development.
Emotional Intelligence Assessment & Feedback
During the programme, participants can take an on-line EI Assessment and receive their individual and confidential EI Report. This is followed up by 1-2-1 feedback from our fully qualified EI Assessor on the outcomes of the report, its application to the individual’s aspirations and suggested strengths and development opportunities.
1-2-1 Leadership Coaching (3 Sessions per person)
The post-programme 1-2-1 coaching option will support individual challenges and aspirations.
For further details email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Code 905
- Duration 6 Half-Days
- Virtual Classroom Yes
- Qualification Certificate in Leadership & Management