Selling & Account Development in today’s competitive growth sectors is complex. Buyers demand that the sales person acts as a market specialist rather than simply an ‘order taker’ and suppliers are being forced to ‘chase’ their own markets
This course will emphasise the professional, people-to-people elements of selling and understanding the importance of being seen as ‘The Trusted Advisor’ rather than ‘order takers’.
Most importantly, the course examines the sales process from the buyers’ viewpoint and concentrates on having clarity as to what the decision criteria is within each sales opportunity.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Professional salespeople
- Those providing consultancy services to customers
- Anyone with a major role in supporting the sales process
- Adopt a systematic and strategic approach to gaining new business.
- Understand the skills required for success in very competitive markets.
- Develop an ‘Account Development’ approach to selling.
- Understand and use qualification.
- Be better able to recognise and influence the decision criteria (why people buy).
- Be better able to recognise additional sales possibilities and opportunities.
- Be more self-disciplined in setting sales objectives and forecasting.
Understanding the Challenge
- The Changing Role of the salesperson
- The Purpose & The Objective of Selling
- Working with Belief Systems & Attitude
The Buying/Selling Process
- The Buyers Cycle
- The Salesperson’s Response
- The Professional Sales Call – SAPO
- The ‘Short’ Sale v the ‘Complex’ Sale
The Role of Prospecting in Selling
- Customer Profiling
- Prospecting Techniques
Using Qualifying Techniques
- Primary Qualification /Assessment
- How to Qualify
- What Does A Qualifying Technique Tell You?
- Juran’s ‘Truth’
Managing & Maximising Your Pipeline
- The Sales Funnel
- Pipeline Management
- Sales Forecasting Techniques
Selling to ‘Different’ Customer Types
- Buyer Types/Buyer Motives
- Deciding on Your Response
- The Customer Relationship
Decision Criteria (Why ‘buyers’ Buy)
- The Decision Making Process
- How to Work with The Customer’s Thinking
- Handling Customer Concerns
Using The ‘Consultative’ Style
- Selling Through The ‘Consultative Approach’
- Spotting Consulting opportunities
Sales Communication Skills
- Understanding Communication Skills
- Working with The Buyer’s Perception
- Understanding the Power of Listening
- Using Questions to Influence
Professional Negotiating (Win-Win)
- The Process of Negotiation
- The Difference between Selling and Negotiation
- The Fundamentals of Why Negotiations Fail
- Proposing – Asking for What You Want!
- The Psychology of Bargaining
- Closing the process
Gaining the Business
- Closing – How Important Is It?
- Getting Commitment
- The Fear of Rejection
Account Development Strategies (ADS)
- Determine the Factors That Increase Business In Your Accounts.
- Develop Strategies that Maximise your Market Penetration and Protect your Existing Accounts
- Sell in Partnership with Existing
Accounts and Build Long Term
Business Objectives for New accounts.
Sales Time Management – The Fundamentals
- Professional Utilisation of Sales Time
- The Urgent/Important Matrix (Covey Principles)
- Techniques to Avoid Procrastination
- Planning Sales Activities: Territory: Pipeline: Self
- Code BC-310
- Duration 2 days
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Contact us for options