The success of a project is often determined by the project manager’s ability to communicate effectively and manage themselves.
Project Management: Skills for Success is an interactive two-day workshop focused on areas of development identified by existing project managers.
The course has been designed to supplement existing technical ‘project management’ skills to help project managers meet the challenges they face on a daily basis.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Project Managers who wish to develop their personal effectiveness and interpersonal skills for successful project delivery
- Carry out Project Management activities with greater insight and confidence
- Manage their time more effectively
- Structure and manage Project Meetings more efficiently
- Employ structured techniques in all areas of project negotiation
- Understand Stress in themselves and others and use some simple stress alleviation techniques
The role of the project manager can be a busy one, especially if you are trying to react to everything and everyone in the project. Good time management can help you to choose where best to spend your time, it can help you to be more proactive and spend less time firefighting.
- Measure twice cut once
- Separate the urgent from the important
- Tools and techniques that you can use to make better use of your time
- Prioritise your tasks and delegate where necessary
Running Effective Meetings
Running effective meetings is a core skill for all project managers. This module will help you to prepare for and manage the key meetings that occur during any project.
- Manage the Meeting to present a professional image
- Recognise the key features of an effective meeting
- Use an agenda to plan and control a meeting
Throughout a project, there are a number of key opportunities for the project manager to use a presentation to communicate to the project team and stakeholders. These include the project kick-off meeting, project review/board meetings and post-project lessons learned
- Develop a presentation from start to finish
- Understand your own presentation style
- Develop self-confidence when speaking in public
- Communicating clearly and effectively to everyone
Communicating effectively with everyone involved, right from the start, is critical to project success.
- How people communicate
- Barriers to communicating effectively
- Questioning and Listening Skills
- Physical Speech (Body Language)
Negotiating & Influencing
Negotiation skills can pay dividends for the project manager in a number of different areas such as defining project scope, resource sharing, estimating and change control.
- Be aware of the key stages in the negotiation process
- Understand the characteristics of successful negotiators
- Recognise the need for preparation before negotiation
- Recognise the importance of questions, listening and summarising skills during a negotiation.
- Be better able to achieve negotiated outcomes that favour you, your organisation and the other person(s) involved.
Running projects can be stressful. This module introduces the causes of stress and provides simple solutions to avoid stress and deal with stressful situations.
- The causes of Workplace Stress
- Recognise the signs of stress in others
- How We Respond to Events
- Stress Solutions – Quick and Easy Techniques
- Code BC-502
- Duration 2 days
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Contact us for options