Today in the UK alone it is estimated that millennials (the generation born between 1980 and 1995) make up more than 50% of the UK workforce.
Research suggests that there is a significant generational disconnect between millennials and their older colleagues in the workplace.
While this creates challenges for managers of millennials, it also has the potential to cause retention issues for organisations and businesses.
This programme outlines the needs of millennials and explores approaches which managers and organisations can take to improve engagement with millennial workers.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Managers responsible for leading and motivating millennials / mixed generation teams
- HR Professionals who want to understand the challenges of supporting a mixed generation workforce
- Better understand the needs and values of millennials
- Lead and engage the workforce more effectively
- Create an environment that maximizes the potential of millennials and multi generations
- Understand their own challenges in managing multi-generational teams
- What are the 5 generations in the workplace today?
- Embracing different perspectives on the multi-generational workforce
- Challenging generational myths and bias
- Understanding the needs and values of Millennials and all generations
- Identifying & resolving common points of conflict
- Career progression and Work environments
- Work Life balance and Social responsibility
- Strengths of Millennials
Leading, & Engaging Millennials
- Leading across the generations
- Leadership Styles to maximise potential
- Don’t Manage, Coach
- Engage the Whole Person
Your 21 Day Challenge
- Managers Checklist
- Action planning for engagement
- 1-2-1 follow up coaching conversation
Includes Follow-Up Telephone Coaching
Each participant will receive a confidential 1-2-1 telephone coaching session from the programme leader to help identify any potential challenges and to review their action plans.
- Code BC-214
- Duration 1 day
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Contact us for options