When conflict and difficult situations occur in the workplace it is vital that they are managed in a professional way so that relationships do
not break down.
By developing the ability to obtain positive outcomes from conflict situations productivity can be maintained and the need for mediation reduced.
This is important whether the conflict is between team members, customers or suppliers.
This practical course will centre on building the professional skills needed to manage conflict and difficult situations in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Managers, Supervisors or Team Leads who want to be more professional when dealing with conflict or difficult situations at work
- Anyone likely to experience difficult situations with customers or colleagues
- Be more confident and controlled in difficult situations
- Use models and techniques to better manage conflict and
- Recognise their own approach to conflict in order to better manage potential conflict
- Sources of Conflict
- Common Features of Conflict
- The Cycle of Conflict
- Recognising Workplace Triggers
- Understanding Perceptions, Interests and Needs
- Emotions and their Impact
- The Options – Considerations and Consequences
- The Impact of the Conflict Structure
- Addressing Interests and Needs (The Iceberg Model)
- A Managerial Mediation Approach
Responding To Conflict
- Indentifying Your Default Response Style
- Understanding What Triggers You
- Being Assertive and Staying in Control
- Code BC-206
- Duration 1 day
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Contact us for options