Performance appraisals are essential for the effective management and evaluation of staff. Appraisals help develop individuals, improve organisational performance, and feed into business planning.
The activity is a two-way process and both parties should be able to have a frank exchange of views on past performance, how appraisees can improve their performance, the support they need and their aspirations for their future careers.
This course will develop the key skills needed to give appraisals in a way that enhances employee motivation, increases productivity and makes the appraisal process stress-free.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Anyone new to the Appraisal Process
- Those wishing to further develop their Appraisal Skills
Give appraisals in a way that:
- Clarifies performance requirements
- Develops motivation
- Increases productivity
- Makes the appraisal process stress-free
Introduction to Appraisals
- Appraisals & Performance Management
- Why do Appraisals?
- Key Elements for Constructive Appraisals
- Ideal Conditions for Effective Appraisals
- The Core Skills Required
Communication Skills for Appraisals
- Listening & Questioning Skills
- Clarifying Understanding
- Listening for Development Blockages
- Building Rapport and Trust
Using A Coaching Approach
- Coaching & Mentoring Defined
- Coaching with the Grow Model
Preparation & Structure
- Preparing for The Appraisal
- Identifying Development Needs
- Structuring an Appraisal
Having Honest Conversations
- Giving Positive & Critical Feedback
- Identifying the Cause of Poor Performance
- Using A Structure in Feedback Sessions
- Code BC-202
- Duration 1 day
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Contact us for options