Mental Toughness determines in large part how individuals deal with challenge, stress, and pressure. It is closely related to resilience – the ability to “bounce back” from a set-back. While resilience is what helps people recover from a setback, Mental Toughness can help people avoid experiencing a setback in the first place. Both influence well-being, performance and positive behaviours.
Developing Mental Toughness can help individuals view challenge as an opportunity, learn from setbacks, develop a ‘can do’ attitude and build their resilience. This course will help participants understand and improve their own Mental Toughness in order to be more resilient and effective in the workplace.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Those wanting to develop Mental Toughness in order to be more resilient and effective in the workplace
- HR Professionals who want to understand better the relevance of Mental Toughness
- An Understanding of Mental Toughness and its application and impact in work
- An Action Plan to develop Mental Toughness and Resilience
Part 1: Understanding Mental Toughness
- Mental Toughness and Resilience Explained
- Link with Other Models: Mindset; Optimism; Emotional Intelligence
- Implications for Organisations, Teams, Leaders & Managers
- Assessment of Mental Toughness
The Four Cs of Mental Toughness
- Challenge (seeing challenge as an opportunity)
- Confidence (high levels of self-belief)
- Control (having a ‘can do’ attitude)
- Commitment (being able to stick to the plan)
Part 2: Developing & Applying Your Mental Toughness
Effective Interventions & Strategies
- Using Mental Toughness in Your Role
- Goal Setting & Self-Awareness
- Attentional Control & Visualisation
- Positive Thinking & Anxiety Control
- Which Strategy is Best For You
Part 3: Optional Add-On Assessment & Feedback
(Note: Part 3 is optional and at an additional cost)
Implementing an Experiential Learning Plan
- Using Your Mental Toughness Report
- Creating an Action Plan
- Follow Up 1-2-1 Coaching Session
Mental Toughness Assessment & Follow-Up
Each participant will receive their own confidential MTQPlus Mental Toughness Assessment Report. This will be used to help them identify areas for development. The assessment will be taken on-line prior to the course commencement.
In addition, they will be offered a confidential post-course 1-2-1 virtual coaching session to help identify any potential challenges and to review their action plans.
- Code BC-608
- Duration 1 day
- Virtual Classroom Virtual and Classroom options
- Qualification Contact us for options