Download PDF Version
People Managers in any business environment require a wide range of core skills. They need to be able to develop individuals, build teams while managing tasks and objectives set for themselves and the team.
This course will provide you with an excellent foundation in the core skills required to engage and manage others.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- First Line Managers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Office Managers
- Anyone new or moving into a people manager role
- Identify the key elements of managing people
- Understand the importance of clear communication and feedback
- Develop skills and techniques to manage people more professionally
What Makes Effective People Managers?
- Introductions and Course Objectives
- The Functions of The Role and The Core Skills Required
- Managing, Leading & Coaching Defined
- The Qualities of Good Managers
- People Management Challenges
Leading & Motivating Effectively
- Using Different Leadership Styles
- What Style Suits the Situation?
- Motivation: Getting the Best from People
- Using the Psychological Contract
- Leading and Motivating through Change
Delegation and Team Development
- Understanding How Teams Develop
- Recognising Team Roles
- Using Delegation to Build Teams
- How to Delegate Effectively
- Characteristics of Successful Teams
- Barriers to Communication
- Listening & Questioning Skills
- Building Rapport
Coaching & Mentoring
- Coaching & Mentoring Defined
- Coaching with The GROW Model
- When to use Coaching
- The Purpose of Appraisals/Reviews
- How to Structure an Appraisal/Review
- Format & Documentation
Having Honest Conversations
- Giving Positive & Critical Feedback
- The Causes of Poor Performance
- Structuring a Feedback Sessions
- Code 215
- Duration 2 days
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Optional Level 4 Award in Leadership & Management. Contact us for details.