It is now accepted that technical ability or professional knowledge alone is not enough to be successful in today’s competitive business climate. This is especially so in a Management & Leadership role. To be able to interact with others, make decisions, take optimal actions in solving problems, and cope with change or challenges demands something more. This something more is Emotional Intelligence.
This practical course will provide attendees with strategies and techniques to help them increase their Emotional Intelligence and as a result, become more effective in their work.
During the course attendees will practice skills that can be applied immediately after the course.
The course will use the EQ-i 2.0 Framework as a platform to explain Emotional Intelligence and focus on relevant EI competencies.
Who Will Benefit From This Course?
- Managers, Team Leads or supervisors responsible for team success
- Sales Professionals or those in a challenging internal or external customer facing role
- Those wanting to improve their professional performance
- Manage the daily challenges of their roles with greater insight and professionalism
- Communicate and engage with others more effectively
- Improve their and their team’s performance
- Understand their EI strengths and development needs
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- An Emotional Intelligence Framework
- Why Emotional Intelligence Matters in Work
- The Core Skills: Developing Self-Awareness
Understanding Ourselves and Our Motivators
- Recognising & Understanding Our Emotions
- Self-Regard & Self-Actualisation
- Effective Expression of Emotions to Engage Others
- Self-Advocacy: Developing Assertiveness & Independence
Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- EI and Leadership Styles
- Effective Decision Making & Accountability
Understanding and Working with Others
- Communication Hijackers: Intent & Impact
- Empathy for Improved Engagement
- Building Effective Working Relationships
- Understanding Our Triggers
- Choosing the Best Conflict Response Style
- Responding Rather Than Reacting: Impulse Control
Creating and Managing Change
- Using Your EI Assessment Report
- Optimism, Flexibility and Stress Tolerance
Post-Course Optional Assessment
Following the course, participants can take an on-line EI Assessment and receive their individual and confidential EI Report (EQ-I 2.0). This is followed up by 1-2-1 feedback from the course trainer (a fully qualified EQ-i Assessor) on the outcomes of the report, its application to the individual’s current work and suggested strengths and development opportunities.
- Code BC-210
- Duration 2 days
- Virtual Classroom Contact us for options
- Qualification Contact us for options